View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 10:37 AM
Kjell Dahlin

vCash: 500
Bourque was looking good alongside Darche (just before Darche's injury) and Plekanec; they were a solid shutdown line. Assuming reinforcement on Plekanec's wings, I think he would look good with Moen and Eller on our 3rd line (shut down line) next season.

If our first pick in the upcoming draft is not NHL ready and/or the quest (UFA/trade) for a new winger to play on Plekanec's line is a failure, I would not be against the following top2 lines:

Pacioretty – Plekanec – Gionta
Bourque – Desharnais – Cole

Can you imagine Bourque giving a half-hearted effort while playing alongside Desharnais and Cole? I can't!

Since 2008-09, 6'2" 211 pnds Bourque scored 21 (in 58 games played), 27, 27 and 18 goals. He did not become useless in 30 games! People in here (and in general) are tough and have weird expectations regarding secondary scoring: by definition, a 20 something goals scorer is streaky.

Because (1) Bourque was genuinely pissed about his performance in Montreal, (2) his goals scoring history, (3) he is not afraid, contrary to Cammalleri, of the heavy circulation, I expect a better contribution from Bourque next season. Our next coach will sure need to do a better job than Cunneyworth in coping with his inability to compete at a high level regularly but I think it is doable.

Btw... can someone enlighten me regarding Bourque's alleged, by the OP, prima donna attitude? I did not see that from him.

PS Bourque's cap hit is 3,3M$. His salary for the remaining 4 years of his contract will be: 3M$, 4M$, 2,5M$ and 2,5M$.

Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-09-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Kjell Dahlin is offline   Reply With Quote