View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Sabres Fan UK
eh?

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
No interest in Vanek. We're not in a position to be trading away picks and prospects right now. Plus, I guess I still hold it against Vanek a little that he was a headcase when he was with the Gophers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by this providence View Post
I guess I'll be in the minority in the thought process where I'd like to bring in a true scorer. Don't know if it would be Vanek (sort of lukewarm on a deal regarding him specifically), but I'd like to see a guy who can really put the puck in the net. Not a middling guy like Setoguchi or in that sort of mold. Ideally, I'd like to add to Seto to get that guy. Whether it's a pick or a prospect. I won't name names or anything because I can't say what the value would be for really anyone either way; but I'd still like to see a move done to make this NHL team better.

Well, I wouldn't exactly say headcase; per se.

But those of us who were in college around that time frame I'm sure all heard the same horror stories about what he was doing off the ice. I won't go into detail and state what I haven't personally seen. But based on all times I seen him around; lets just say he liked to hit the bottle often. And hard. Not that he'd be all that different from any other typical college student.
Thanks for clearing that up.

Sabres Fan UK is offline   Reply With Quote