View Single Post
Old
03-03-2006, 03:43 AM
sparkle twin
drrrty player

vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to sparkle twin Send a message via AIM to sparkle twin
Well it's a good thing Vokoooouuuun is back. He looks like he did before. I think the little rest he got was good and his last 2 games (this and the Bronze medal game) have given his confidence another boost.

Has anyone else ever noticed that whenever we play Vancouver, at least at home, we always get into penalty trouble and give them at least 2 5on3's. It seems almost every game we do that with them (I remember in 03-04 we played them and gave them like 2-3 5on3's and we ended up losing in OT. I said that point would haunt us and it did. If we had one more point we would have had 92 and finished in 7th ahead of STL and playing SJ in the first round.). Not that we haven't been in penalty trouble all season, but it just seems like we do that more when Van. is here. Thankfully it didn't cost us tonight.

Too many stupid passes. Just shoot. And use something called a wrist shot. You know, when you're 15 feet from the net, you don't need to wind up and take a slapshot.

Why was the 3rd goal reviewed? I couldn't see anything on the replay and gosh, what a surprise the wrapup show couldn't answer it either.

I don't know how we managed to win that game, but it could have easily been a lot worse the other way. Thankfully Anson Carter was stoned by Vokoun about 5 times from in very close. They outplayed us from the beginning and only when we scored the first goal did we even start to play like we cared.

Nice goal by Johnson. He always seems to score on those SH breaks. Nice deflection off Bertuzzi's head. We had some braincramps on some clearing attempts but holding them to 1-11 on the PP was pretty good.

Weber had some NICE hits, I love his hits! And Upshall was flying out there. He deserved that 3rd star for sure.

Nice to get a win over a team with a winning record, esp one that is fighting for the same thing we are.