Thread: Post-Game Talk: You had me at goodbye.
View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 12:46 PM
Replacement
Now 11.5% more Zen

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Njoy Oilers View Post
I'm in that industry, and your wrong! I've down sized this year after years of success. You can never have too much work.
Not sure if you are business person, but if there are subsidies out there for my business. No matter how successful i am, I'm gonna grab it. The billions spent by piss poor government decisions are probably a reason for alot of distrust, but keeping the Oilers is a no brainer. Some of you are willing to go with your bluff that it won't bother you. Ask winnipeg how they enjoyed their dry spell.
Quebec City is a better example imo. I think they did fine without an NHL club. Its an interesting cultural city with lots of things to do.

Culturally speaking Quebec City and Winnipeg have always been interesting, somwhat unique places, cultural or musical hotbeds.

Sometimes I think the pluralism of MASS sporting culture might actually make the city less interesting. Its like people are then less caught up in other pursuits and exploring other arts and entertainment.

On a civic level I really don't think pro sports makes much difference at all in the quality of life. I think its a present day notion that a city NEEDS pro sporting teams to define itself. To me all it defines is conformity.

Edmonton was actually a much nicer place to live BEFORE the NHL. With a much more vibrant downtown.

Replacement is online now   Reply With Quote