View Single Post
Old
03-03-2006, 08:56 AM
handtrick

vCash: 500
Some juicy quotes from this morning's Tennessean:

Legwand said he should have been more productive against the Blackhawks.

"I had a lot of chances," he said. "I've got to bear down on them next time. Three or four Grade A chances probably that I've got to put in the back of the net."

"Now the grind starts. I got the first one out of the way and now I've got to keep playing. I feel like I am in game shape but I am still hesitant at times, going to get pucks and stuff like that. I've got to get over that mental thing and go from there."

Trotz praised the play of rookies Ryan Suter and Shea Weber, who were paired together, as well as Dan Hamhuis

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....603030418/1028

Before Nashville's 3-1 win over Vancouver last night at the GEC, Coach Barry Trotz reminded his team about individual roles. As in, know your role and play your role and don't think you can be Paul Kariya or Steve Sullivan, which is what he felt several players did in a shutout loss Wednesday night in Chicago.

"I think everybody wanted to play a very skilled game, and we have players that play that skilled game, the Kariyas, the Sullivans, those guys," Trotz said. "But I wanted the guys to identify why they are good players There is a physical element that you have to go into battle with. We did a lot better job (last night) than we did (Wednesday)."

Roughly midway through the second period, Sullivan found himself gathering speed with Vancouver defenseman Kevin Bieksa in his sights. And one of the Predators' top skill players decided to dish out the sort of hit he sometimes receives.

He rammed Bieksa into the boards behind Nashville's goal, then circled to the bench as his shift ended.

"It's not something that I do very often but if I got a chance and was in the right position, right time, had some good speed," Sullivan said. "I thought throwing a little frustration out we weren't playing overly well I just thought I'd get a good hit in."

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs....603030419/1028