View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 03:12 PM
Roadman
Moving On

vCash: 500
I realize that I stand to be in the significant minority in this, the .036% as it were, but I feel that overall, the direction the organization has trended in has been positive. It takes time to build system depth, you can't just say we want to be a winner. If you are going to model after Detroit it takes system depth at all levels and that just doesn't happen overnight. This last season was difficult at best, but I feel it to be an aberration and not a reflection. The 400 plus man-games lost certainly didn't help especially in goal with the loss of Dekanich. Would he have made a difference? Who knows? I found it telling that when things went bad they went outside to pick up some pieces and allowed the players in Springfield to stay there and work on their game, at least as long as was possible. Stop gaps to be sure but some of which turned out to be rather enlightening.

We really don't know what the dynamics of the front office are, so it is difficult to assess what changes might be worthwhile. I just don't think fire them all is a prudent option. I would not be against Mr Priest moving on to another of the families enterprises and another "hockey mind" as it were installed, perhaps even another "senior advisor".

I am admittedly not the expert that some here are, and I don't have the time to do as much statistical research as I would like, and I am unlikely to change anybody's view, but opinions were asked for and now you have mine.