View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Kel Varnsen
Below:Glass's Skill

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zil View Post
McDonagh is better than Girardi in all three zones. He's our best defensemen by a noticeable amount. Whether that amount is "by far" or some lesser distance amounts to semantics. It's not hating on Girardi to point out that McDonagh has could contend for the Norris in future seasons.

You're clearly of the persuasion that Girardi is better than McDonagh. But it's more than a little dishonest to write off the offensive difference in their games to point totals. If you watch them at all you can see that McDonagh does and is capable of doing things with the puck that Girardi couldn't even try. I'm also not sure how you can contend that McDonagh is weaker defensively given how dominant he's been. Girardi's also just more mistake prone than McDonagh. Girardi had 61 giveaways while McDonagh only had 53. McDonagh also hade 46 takeaways to Girardi's 37.

Again I would wager that everybody here praising McDonagh also loves Girardi. The fact that McDonagh is a stud doesn't take away from that.
I took more issue with the idea that you didn't get why I would mention Girardi than the actual debate between which one is better. They're both really good. I still maintain Girardi is better right now but I don't think it's absurd for someone to see it differently.

Kel Varnsen is offline   Reply With Quote