View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 06:10 PM
BraveCanadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadArcand View Post
I gotta admit, I don't see what's the rage with Philly. Poor Howe is saddled with 2nd line center and lower-end 1st line LW. There's friggin' Boivin on the top pairing. Mediocre goaltending. And almost certainly the worst coach in the draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyShoe1721 View Post
Kariya is still a legit 1st liner
Talent-wise I would agree.

Quote:
Nieuwendyk is somewhat out of place as a 1st line center in a 32 team draft, but that's fine. I chose to have my glue guy at center because there is so much depth at center that the difference between the talents of one center is much less than that of a winger. There is way more depth at center compared to either wing position. Having your glue guy at center rather than having him at wing makes your line more talented.
Nieuwendyk as a "glue guy"? What does that even mean? We all seem to have our own definition.

As for being "somewhat" out of place, Nieuwendyk sticks out like a sore thumb. And I actually like the guy.

Quote:
If Holecek is mediocre, then what does that make my opponent's starter Hap Holmes? Holecek is a polarizing goalie. Some think he's better than Tretiak, some think he's much worse.
I have Fuhr so I get what it is like having a polarizing goalie. The one thing I do have on my side is that he got it done at the highest level. What is the case for Holecek being better than Tretiak?

BraveCanadian is online now   Reply With Quote