View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 10:10 PM
SouthernHab
Not a Fanboy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poulet Kostopoulos View Post
I'm glad that most here think this D squad is no contender. Thinking otherwise is just dreaming in color. This D could not stand two PO rounds, let alone two months of PO.

Note that we are talking strictly about the D squad, not the forwards nor the system because those affect your overall defense.

This team needs at least one rugged sandpaper big D who can withstand playoff hockey.
I agree with you.

The season ended a couple of days ago and people have already forgotten the leads that the Habs blew in the third period.

People have already forgotten how easily opposing teams kept the puck in our D Zone. People have forgotten how easy it was for opposing teams to screen Price with our inability to move players away from the crease.

I dont get the love the Diaz. He is below average on defense and barely average offensively. Weber is a failure here as he is the softest of the soft. Campoli needs no description. Kaberle is horrible on D. St-Denis is nowhere ready for the NHL.

But I see next year's lineups containing Diaz, Weber, Kaberle, St-Denis as if this season never happened.

If we do not get two bigger and stronger D Men on this team for next season, look for more of what got us to the last place finish.

Again, I dont get the love for mediocre and average small DMen that a lot of people have here.

SouthernHab is offline   Reply With Quote