View Single Post
Old
04-09-2012, 10:12 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Fourth Lines:

Dennis Hull - Kris Draper - Bob Nystrom vs. Louis Berlinguette - Derek Sanderson - Leo Labine

I think this may be the Thistles' best bet for a shutdown line. Two thirds of a good defensive line with Draper and Nystrom, who's offense at this level is pretty subpar. Dennis Hull is a guy I have looked at the last three drafts, and I decided to check his best percentage seasons to determine how good offensively he really was. Here's what I got:

Dennis Hull best percentage season's: 89, 76, 63, 63, 62, 58

That's not terrible offense for a fourth liner, two pretty good offensive seasons. From what I can gather, he was an average defensive player. This line can play pretty good defense, but is not overly strong offensively. Draper and Nystrom have the post-season experience which is good. The line has pretty good intangibles.

Australia's fourth line is headlined by Derek Sanderson, one of the better defensive centres of all time. Sanderson serves as an elite faceoff man and a tenacious checker. Also happens to be not terrible offensively, and did play above his level sometimes in the post-season. Louis Berlinguette, although there is not much information on him, he was known to be very quick and is credited with three retro Selke trophies over a seven-year span which suggests he was a defensive cornerstone throughout the duration of his career. Leo Labine is a very physical player and could also score goals. The line isn't fabulous offensively, but should be capable of getting some pucks to the net.

There is no particular advantage on fourth lines, I think both teams bottom lines offer valuable intangibles.

Velociraptor is offline   Reply With Quote