View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 03:01 AM
Sturminator
I voted for Kodos

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velociraptor View Post
I'm not the biggest fan of John Tonelli on a first line, but it's passable, he's a decent corner guy and is not out of place offensively. I think this line will struggle defensively, Tonelli is an adequate first line two-way player. Up against a third line like Australia's (which I will add that it is our desired matchup), I think it will succumb to the cycle style the line offers, Bobby Holik vs. Jean Beliveau will be a HUGE point of discussion in this series. There are very few questions offensively with the Thistles' first line, but it's a situation defensively, that could prove to be very costly.
You underrate Jean Beliveau's two-way game. He was a strong checker (see the post about him in the Dink Carroll thread) and was physically strong enough that I don't see Holik having any particular advantage here. Tonelli is more than a decent corner guy; he was probably the best of his generation. Offensively, he's no great shakes on a first line, but his intangibles are very good and shouldn't be questioned. The Holik line is well built to grind down soft scoringlines, but the Beliveau line is not soft, and Kenora's first pairing defensemen aren't either.

Sturminator is offline   Reply With Quote