View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 05:37 AM
nik jr

vCash: 500
some questions:

who will replace ruotsalainen on hamilton's PP?

i think forsberg is rogle's best F. which players will check him?

more has been mentioned about hamilton's defense of rogle's F's. what defensive matchups does rogle want? who will peca check? will lidstrom play with forsberg in a 2 way role; with peca in a more defensive role?

which team will have better control of the neutral zone?

i like the decision to drop ruotsalainen. i don't think he was a great weapon on PP, and his size and defensive play could be a problem. i don't like the idea of evans on top pair, but he should be more effective on the boards and near the net.

i think kevin hatcher could be a similar problem for rogle. hatcher was a risky player who made quite a few mistakes. sort of an earlier jovanovski or phaneuf.

i think rogle was right to leave kovalchuk off 1st PP. lidstrom and murphy were both very good on points, and forsberg and stewart should be very dangerous. lidstrom has played most of his career on a PP with a great crease monkey (ciccarelli, holmstrom) and stewart's weaknesses are minimized on PP. i think rogle's 1st PP is one of the best in ATD.

but hamilton should have a strong PK, and even though irvin may have encouraged rough play, i think hamilton probably will not take many penalties.

hamilton's F's could be dangerous on PK, especially against kovalchuk.

rogle's GMs may disagree, but rogle seems to me to be more likely to be penalized.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote