Thread: Salary Cap: Cap/Free Agency Megathread
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 06:18 AM
HiddenInLight

vCash: 500
Also it would probably give us the best defensive depth in the league....

As for offense there it gets tricky:

Before you make any moves your lines look like this:

Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Leino - Roy - Pomminville
Vanek - Hodgeson - Tropp
Gerbe - McCormick - Ellis

My offseason offensive checklist:

-Sign Kaleta ro a reasonable deal, I like him as a shutdown forward moving into the future.
- Look to find a Center who will play on our fourth line in a shutdown role. Scoring ability is not required. - Note: Preferably not Gaustad...his time in buffalo is over. Size preffered but not necissary.
- Big tough power forward. Either one or two. If one, then place him on the line with Vanek and Hodgeson, let tropp stay in rochester, if you get two, move gerbe as part of a deal for one of them, tropp is available also. Then move leino down to the shutdown line. I think he would excell in that role if put onto it full time with no pressure to put up points. I think with leino and kaleta on that line, points will come.
- IF the team decides to move derek roy, I wouldn't mind moving assets in what would be considered a latteral move to obtain a guy such as Statsny. He's no better then roy, but it gives us a fresh start with him, and I personally think we need his type of center, just not him neccisarily. Another option would be to call up Anneheim. See if they would say no to a deal similar to Roy and Both our first round picks for Getzlaf. If they don't want roy, try and get a first for Roy, then offer them 3 firsts in this years draft for him. Id call that a hefty offer that any GM would have to think about. If not Anneheim 3 first round picks or two and roy might be enticing enough for LA to move one of their young centers, or even get colorado to give up on one of duchene or oreilly. Personally I think 3 firsts in the same draft would be a great offer for nearly any player.
-Pick up a gritty fighting mean forward with a little bit of skill for our 10th forward....wouldn't mind it.

Our final lineup:

PF1 - New Center/Roy - Pomminville
Foligno - Ennis - Stafford
Vanek - Hodgeson - PF2
Leino - Shutdown Center - Kaleta
-McCormick
-Fighting winger
-Ellis
-Gerbe

(2 or three of those extra forwards get moved)

Our Center depth: Roy/replacement, Ennis, Hodgeson, Defensive center, Leino, McCormick, Ellis. Not too bad

Defense

Myers - Sekera
Ehrhoff - Sulzer
McNabb - Morrisson/Regehr
Morrison/Regehr
Brennan
Weber (If nobody will take him move him to the minors)

Miller
Enroth

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote