View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 07:01 AM
mhurley

vCash: 500
I was in the Garden for the last two games where the President's Trophy was on the line. Two effing points and it would have been ours.

After the Rangers lost both game in such a decisive fashion, the crowd was really deflated. To lose to mutts like the Caps and an "AHL" goaltender is really a disgrace.

The commenter above was right. It isn't exactly like the Garden lacks the space for another banner.

Losing the President' Trophy is significant because it is an indicator of the lack of mental toughness and the desire to win needed to succeed in the playoffs.

As far as Henrik goes, I think he must be more injured then they are letting on. He played himself out of the Vezina. That's a damn shame.

Not to be a doom and gloomer, but I have little confidence in the Rangers getting past Ottawa, a team that they do not match up well against and who have owned them for more years then I care to remember.

At least without Neuvirth or Vokoun I thought they had a chance. Notice how the Caps had Backstrom, Green and Semin on the ice for the last game. Same crew the swept the Rangers before.

Better the Rangers had dropped to fourth to play the Flyers, who they owned all season. In hindsight, it looks like the Islanders really didn't do us any favors.

mhurley is offline   Reply With Quote