View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 09:04 AM
nik jr

vCash: 500
is dionne on toronto's 1st PP? it seems natural to me to have the team's best scorer with its best PP QB.

something to keep in mind in this comparison of boucher and schmidt is that boucher played with clearly superior linemates. bill cook seems to have had a greater reputation than boucher, but schmidt had a much greater reputation than dumart and bower.

i think the general opinion of contemporaries also points to schmidt's superiority.

a potential problem of vancouver is that langway and johnson were not very good offensively, and i could see their unit struggling in transition, especially if they are playing with schmidt's line. schmidt was a great 2 way player, but drillon was known for lazy defensive play, and jackson was also not much of a backchecker.

i posted in the dirt thread that jackson and drillon were linemates with syl apps for a while, but the line was split b/c it was defensively weak. jackson was replaced by bob davidson.

vancouver's other pairs are not lacking in transition, neither are its other lines lacking in backcheckers.

nik jr is offline   Reply With Quote