Originally Posted by mug25 View Post
I never quite understood this.

Dubinsky - 2010-2011
24 G / 30 A / 54 P

Anisimov - 2010-2011
18 G / 26 A / 44 P

Consider these factors

Dubinsky saw a significant rise in his +/- this season
Both players had significant dips in scoring this season.
Dubinsky played 77 games this season and last
Anisimov played 82 games this season and last
Anisimov logged several shifts on the first line this season, Dubinsky did not.
Dubinsky is stellar on the PK
4 of Dubinsky's goals last season came on the PP. He rarely received PP time this season.

What I don't get is, how some people dog on Dubinsky so hard yet Anisimov seems to get a free pass. This isn't so much a dig at Ani, I like him and I think he's an important part of the team but it's pretty puzzling how Dubinsky gets **** on.

It wasn't just fans. Even he has made it clear he likes the kid *Torts benched Dubinsky numerous times this season for poor play however in past seasons, unproductive stars with much more offensive talent than Dubi were given a free pass.

Dubi deserves more respect than has been given to him this season...
I like both players, but I dog Dubi more because I think he is the better offensive player and therefore should be contributing more.

Regardless of where AA was inserted, I do not think that he has the same capabilities as Dubi and therefore I do not expect him to be this consistent 50+ point scoring forward.

Dubinsky, however plays the game with enough skill and snarl to be ALOT better than he has been thus far this season.

For their career averages, I expect solid 2-way play from Double A with an average of 40 points a season. He has taken a step back from that this year, but not by much.

Dubinsky should be in that 45-50+ point per season range and has taken a significant step back in that regards. With Dubi I expect 20-25 goals and and 25-30 assists.

He's down 10+ goals and 4+ assists.

He gets crapped on more because more is expected.

To me, that's not a bad thing, that's a good thing.

pld459666 is offline   Reply With Quote