View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 09:40 AM
haseoke39
Brainfart 4 Reinhart

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by punkr0x View Post
So if Lindy doesn't put a C on a guy's jersey, that guy isn't allowed to backtalk him? The C is purely symbolic, and I think if you're not looking at it from the perspective of "who will challenge Ruff the most," Pominville is obviously the guy. Nobody had any problem with him being captain until Paul Hamilton came up with this angle.

I think there are guys in the locker room who will question Lindy. Derek Roy gets accused of being one of Lindy's favorites, yet his comments at locker cleanout show he's not afraid of speaking his mind. You think Ryan Miller doesn't have some say when we keep Patrick Lalime for another year just to keep him happy? You think it's entirely Lindy's decision to play Miller every game when we're in a playoff race? What about Leino and Ehrhoff, these guys came into the locker room already signed to long term deals, do you really think they're afraid to talk back to Lindy? Supposedly it was Leino's decision to move back to wing when center wasn't working.

No, I think some of our players have too much input into the game plan. The only ones questioning Lindy on a consistent basis should be James Patrick, Teppo Numminen and Kevyn Adams. What exactly did Drury and Briere say to him that lead to two ECFs? Ridiculous.
Well, just because there are guys in the locker room who would challenge Lindy doesn't mean that they are as likely to without the C or that their voices are as well heeded as the captain's. Players are people and people tend to be influenced by designated leaders. There's some political gravity to the captaincy.

haseoke39 is offline   Reply With Quote