Old
04-10-2012, 10:06 AM
Blind Gardien
Global Moderator
nexus of the crisis

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousHabs View Post
There has to be a fighter out there that can also play some kind of hockey. For example, we could try to land a fighter that is able to make or receive a pass. If we can't find that player, then Staubitz can resign here I guess.
Yeah, that's the ultimate dream, a fighter that can also play. I guess I'd go into the summer trying to make sure I had 13 or 14 forwards who can play. And then if Staubitz was willing to sign as #14-15 for $550k too, fine. *Hopefully* my other forwards would go into camp and just be so damn good and healthy I couldn't help but waive Staubitz in October. But failing that, it certainly couldn't hurt much if we had to keep Staubitz around instead. I think some of his popularity will wear off a bit over the grind of a more meaningful season, but whatever.

It's like with Darche or Bureau or whoever might be the flavour of the day or the goat of the next, albeit totally different role, but nevertheless, none of them really matter if the rest of the team is good enough. And if the rest of the team is bad enough (like the tail end of this season), at least Staubitz adds some entertainment value and sets an example for the rest of the team to keep plugging away.

It feels to me like some people here are overrating his playing ability and maybe even his fighting ability, but it's not really a big deal to me either way. If the team makes the other moves I feel they should be trying to make to improve over the summer, than it's pretty much meaningless to me whether Staubitz is ultimately on the team or not.

Blind Gardien is offline   Reply With Quote