View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 10:19 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I should say what I'm doing now specifically is Rippetoe's Starting Strength 3x a week exactly as he describes. I'm trying to hold body fat steady while adding muscle mass and getting my lift technique down and increasing them to respectable levels. Diet is fairly clean M-F although I do have some beers on the weekend. I've been adding in a couple glasses of milk per day when hungry and I'm eating way more food as I've been a bottomless pit.

So far this year I have added about 7 pounds of muscle and lost about 2 pounds of fat. That's taking average body weights and waist measurements. Or more specifically, I went from 199.2 pounds with a 42.0" waist to 204.4 pounds with a 41.5" waist.

Once I start to plateau in terms of strength, I'll likely drop to a 500-cal/day deficit eating cleaner food and dropping to lifting 2x per week without adding weights each workout, in order to maintain the muscle mass (although I may lose some strength, but it should be easily offset by the gains I'm making now). And about that time summer hockey will start up so I should be doing stuff on the ice 1-2x per week as well.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote