View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 12:40 PM
CGG

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesHabitants514 View Post
Diaz can be sent down as he has an entry level contract.
Incorrect. He's an overaged European, he signed a one-year entry level deal and is currently an RFA. If he doesn't make the Habs next year he can be plucked on waivers. Same story with Emelin.

Quote:
Weber can be sent down but you can lose him on re-entry waivers as he has a 1-way contract.... I'm sure there's a team that would trade for him...(mid round pick, a player at the same development stage)
Incorrect again. Weber would have been on waivers if the Habs sent him down THIS season, he definitely will be waiver fodder on the way down if the Habs are that dumb NEXT season. One-way contracts have absolutely nothing to do with waivers. It's based on years of service and games played, plus the age a player was when he signed his first contract. Next season will be Weber's 5th in the NHL. He will get picked on waivers if he's sent to Hamilton.

Quote:
Sign Grossman- Big stay at home dman, blocks shots, helps Carey clear those rebounds.
Incorrect again. He is signed through the 2014-15 season with Philly. This goes for everyone else too - we can't sign Grossman. Stop suggesting this as an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueinmtl View Post
You also can't possibly have Weber and Diaz paired together for even a shift, that is insane. When your d-men cannot play in their own zone you get penned in and it is all hands on deck. The forwards have to play defense first. Offense becomes dumping it out and line changing. Campoli and Kaberle demonstrated this repeatedly.
Looks like this was directed at me. I had those guys as the # 7 and # 8 D going into the season, not an actual pairing. As you might have guessed, only 6 D get into the lineup each game, since RC will not be the coach next year. No one is suggesting Weber and Diaz play together on the same shift. I'm saying we keep both, even if they're only extras, to avoid the costly mistake of losing them for nothing.

CGG is offline   Reply With Quote