Rate Your GM!
View Single Post
04-10-2012, 01:47 PM
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Richardson, TX
Pros (of varying impact) to Joe's Tenure:
- Barch traded
- Prospect pool is now a pool rather than a puddle
- Did I mention Barch traded?
- Spent Richards' salary appropriately after he left for UFA.
- Let a lot of filler leave via UFA; replaced with better more expensive filler
- Didn't trade a 1st rounder away!
- Made some solid minor trades (Brunnstrom, Roman out)
- Let Turco and Modano walk after they had checked out
- Again, he traded Krys Barch.
- Kari Lehtonen, baby!
- Didn't rush a prospect in his entire tenure.
- Sensibly sent Raycroft packing and gave Bachman a chance to hack it.
- And finally, Wizard Prince of Swedes, Loui Eriksson extended at superb dollar and term.
Negatives (of varying impact):
- Goligoski for Neal and Niskanen (imo)
- Gave up assets for Jamie !%^&ing Suckenbrunner
- Extended Robidas for 4 years!
- Extended Goligoski for huge money and 4 years!
- Not selling this year after trading Grossmannnnnnnnnn for two picks indicative that they were trying to obtain more young talent.
- Failing to be hands on enough to call up enough younger players to supplement ailing talent (Morrow, Ott, Ribeiro, etc)
- Burned a year on Reilly Smith's ELC for 3 games and 2 weeks.
- Hasn't retired Lehtinen or Modano's # yet
- Daley re-signed at good money. Might be too long of term but what can ya do.
- Coaching decisions as we have now seen it is not the coaches but the team itself
- Ott extension
- Didn't trade down and make a better pick with the 2009 1st. Glennie will be acceptable but he'll be forever labeled as the "Panic Pick".
I honestly say keep him on for a year or two longer to give him a chance to reap what he has sown.
View Public Profile
Frozen Failure's albums
Find More Posts by Frozen Failure