Thread: Rate Your GM!
View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 02:19 PM
StarsFan74

vCash: 500
Quote:
A third/possibly a 2nd would've been too much to give up for Suckenbrunner at this point in his career
Definitely not the calamity you make it out to be. We gave up only a 3rd, so no point pounding the drums vis-a-vis the possible 2nd.

Quote:
Did he have to sign Goligoski? No! He could've waited til the draft to see what offers were out there. And I guess Elysian is also right in the fact that Gogo is not utilized well enough on the power play. And either Goligoski can't move the puck, or the entire team can't move the damn puck... which really shows that Goligoski (and some of our defense) can't defend very well.
Yes and No. He signed him before a the CBA negotiations could make things worse or before a spate of defenseman extensions made it even worse. A little hasty, I agree, but had to be done.

Also, "waited till the draft?" For whom or what? What is the point of dealing away the guy you traded away Neal for? I'd have no issues if the return was Bogosian, Shattenkirk, or Pietrangelo, but that is not possible, is it?

Quote:
Asked too much for what assets we had to offer. And I would much rather have just given away guys like Robidas and Morrow for mid round 2nds and prospects the teams interested were down on...yeah... adding at this year's deadline would have really stung for the future. Consider that Morrow, Robidas, Ribeiro, Fiddler, all the UFAs and eventually Ott will need to be replaced? There was no reason to buy at the deadline this year.
I would not give away Robidas "for mid round 2nds and prospects" after we already dealt away Grossmann for picks. We had 6 regulars and Pardy at that point. Makes no sense if we were still in the running. Like I said, I wanted us to add. Grossmann's deal somewhat surprised me.

Quote:
Jere waits for no one!
And yet, he still waits.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote