View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 02:57 PM
WhiskeySeven
President of Canada

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleneck Plek View Post
Dude, the season is over. At this point, it's not even worth it to go back and do technical pieces on what went right/wrong. Sure, this is a fluff piece and Dave Stubbs sure loves those. However, it gives you a little insight into the type of person Gorges is and brings a positive light on a season that lacked any.

I'm not a big fan of the Gazette's work either, but this doesn't deserve your criticism. I'd like it as much as you do to see bigger questions tackled, and see journalists really try to write meaningful articles about the technical aspect of things. Sadly, the Gazette favours fluff pieces that are easy to write and show the human side of players. Because you know, they're humans and at the end of the day, it might be good for the overzealous and highly critical fans to remember that.
The problem here is that Stubbs & Co. [I'm setting aside the French media for this rant] are FEEDING THE MASSES THIS DISINFORMATION. All season they peddle this ****, and NEVER, EVER tackle the hard questions. I used to be a huge member on HabsInsideOut (under a different name) and I just got sick of the Gazette for their bland, insightless hockey reporting.

Hell I'd rather read Whitesnake's crazy wall-of-text rants than another Stubbs article. Double hell, I'd rather read LafleursGuy and MathMan bring up super-specific numbers/dates/facts to back up their arguments, at least they bring arguments to the table!!

The overzealous and highly critical fans would be way less overzealous to the players if they had some actual hockey to observe and not see 5 random skaters in Red jerseys give up the neutral zone after giving the puck away. Tactics! Xs and Os, analyze what went wrong with some goal, what went right, why a ref might've not called something because he missed an earlier call.

These guys are supposed to be professional sports journalists, beat reporters who live and breathe this sport. I can come up with sound arguments defending every single move Gauthier/Gainey made - and sound arguments attacking those same moves. Stubbs and his goons can't muster up one original thought or inference over an entire ********* season.

"The bizarre story of the 2011-2012 Montreal Canadiens took another turn as Owner and President Geoff Molson unceremoniously fired BLAH BLAH BLAH" Who gives a ****.

WhiskeySeven is online now   Reply With Quote