View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Velociraptor

vCash: 500
Second Pairings:

Graham Drinkwater - Mike Grant vs. Doug Mohns - Randy Carlyle

It appears Grant and Drinkwater had some pretty good chemistry, although there is nothing that suggests Drinkwater was good defensively which is more than likely due to lack of pre-consolidation era information. Which leaves me to no other solution but to see Drinkwater as more of a defensive liability. Grant was a very complete defenseman, but he'll be taking all the defensive duties on this line, unless someone can prove otherwise Drinkwater was sufficient defensively, I am not sold on his well-rounded game. Keep in mind the pairing also played against weaker competition as they were the on the best team of the era.

Doug Mohns was a complete defenseman and he can assume most of the defensive duties, while Randy Carlyle who wasn't terrible defensively is the offensive catalyst of the pairing. Occasionally Mohns, who can attribute the majority offensive success to his time as a forward, was still a decent offensive defenseman and can get his chances from time to time and use his lethal shot from the point.

I think Australia holds the advantage on the second pairing

Velociraptor is online now   Reply With Quote