View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 12:17 PM
AL-Canadian

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesey
IMO, don't take Zidlicky in the first round. Go for a top notch goalie or a dominant forward. Teemu Selanne will get you more points than Zidlicky, for example. Good luck with your draft and welcome aboard!
Thanks for the advice from a bunch of you. This league has been around and kicking for 13 seasons - 14th is about to begin with an expansion draft and entry draft (where I hope to snag the Zman). My top 4 picks actually would be MA Fleury, A. Hemsky, E. Stall and then Zidlicky. I agree with getting scorers/goalies but I doubt the above 3 guys will still be there.

My team is an expansion team in the league (2 seasons old) but I'm rising fast. I started with Yashin as my only "protected" player and have acquired: Cassels, Damphousse, Deadmarsh (urg that he's injured), Zubrus, HARTNELL, Justin Williams, Visnovsky, Sopel, Skrastins, Potvin, and B.Johnson -- with prospects Nash, Zetterberg and Nurminen in the wings. As you can see, defense is my shortcoming, thus the need for someone like Zidlicky.

My 1st two entry drafts (3 rounds only and in round order) were:
- Visnovsky, Hartnell and Sopel
- Nash, Zetterberg (both 1st rounders) and Nurminen

Quality defense is hard to come by in this league (top notch hockey folks from all over the world - guys from Canada, USA, Russia, Finland are in the league).

I'll do my best to add a 'traditional' hockey prespective without coming on like an expert (which I'm not). I just have a strong love for the game, which I see you folks on the board do as well.