View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
I know people are saying Chicago will try and make the playoffs this year based on reports and articles, but I have a hard time believing that.

Their dumping of Jon Klemm for a younger Stephane Robidas and picking up a 2nd round pick while dropping a 4th rounder shows their commitment to rebuilding and forming a strong future. Mark Bell is a burly, young forward that will be essential to the physical game of a future Hawks squad.

I can't see the Hawks honestly thinking they have a shot at the playoffs and unloading Bell, Tumo Ruutu, Kyle Calder, Pavel Vorobiev, Anton Babchuk, etc. It just doesn't seem likely.

I'd say the most likely destination for Mark Parrish is Atlanta.

I agree with most of your points.

My only comment with regard to your last statement is that it still hasn't been established that Parrish will definitely get dealt and I'm also not that sure that Atlanta is all that interested. But, otherwise, I think you are dead on.

I also think that people on this board would be surprised by Bell's trade value. I think he is highly valued around the league and believe that ChiHawks would want more than Parrish (and Cairns' value is minimal).