View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 11:53 PM
habtastic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Dude, there were issues from the top down and that included Gainey as well. Seriously, it is clear as day to see. The organization's reputation has really fallen off over the last number of years. It's odd when so many players complain about the same exact thing. Then you have the story about Robinson not even getting a call back, or not making room for Muller in Hamilton. Team was poorly run (especially under Gauthier)....Martin is a good coach but was not the right coach. Lack of communication which is something young players absolutely need.
I don't disagree. Look where I said Gauthier handled things badly. The things you mention above are included. The MOVES he made, though, were not IMO horrible. Martin took us to the ECF. We were a team in transition and he was good for us. When Martin took over, it wasn't young players, that was this year and yeah, it didn't work out perfectly, hence the chance. It's a new stage and we're evolving.

People really forget about the good times under Gainey. Maybe 2 season at most weren't the best, but overall we emerged from massive suckitude.

I don't buy this whole reputation thing. It's still one of the proudest franchises, with such loyal fans and something to aspire to. Gauthier's folly with dealing with things was unfortunate, but whatever, it was a blip. No irreperable damage. We still have all the players I want going forward. My biggest disappointment was actually trading AK. I just don't get why people keep trying to devise trades for Getzlaf, but aren't super p'ssd we didn't re-sign AK (now THAT was a mistake...he was very good here, he'll be very good in NSH and elsewhere).

habtastic is offline   Reply With Quote