View Single Post
Old
04-10-2012, 11:33 PM
Juicy Couturier*
CannonGoBoom

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Juicy Couturier*
It's not the first or the last time someone will play through a concussion. The circumstances just made it so that this one became public because he took time off when he was sent down. I can guarantee he's not the first player that had played through concussion symptoms for the Flyers this year.

It doesn't mean it's a good idea but these guys, especially fringe NHL players will do anything to remain on a team. I've played through concussions before and they can go away on their own if they aren't severe and you avoid big hits for a few weeks.

Remember, it's a very recent trend to keep players out for extended periods of time because of concussions. It used to be, you got your "bell rung", you missed a few shifts, didnt practice for a few days and would not miss a game. Obviously the approach taken now is the right one but not every player that had had a concussion turns into a Lindros/Pronger type situation. I'd be shocked if more than 5% of the NHL hasnt had a concussion at some point in their life.

Juicy Couturier* is offline   Reply With Quote