View Single Post
04-11-2012, 12:41 AM
Formerly "BigTuna49"
vCash: 550
Originally Posted by biturbo19 View Post
Am i the only one who sees a strong Bogosian-ness to Trouba? They seem like very similar players to me watching them, and considering their strengths/weaknesses and how they project as a pro.

I see Jack Johnson and Cam Fowler comparisons thrown around a lot and it makes zero sense to me. Trouba isn't really that sort of pure offensive guy, and there's a more physical dimension to his game. To me, he looks like more of a smooth puckmoving all-around guy with a lower offensive ceiling a la what Bogosian has started to turn into.

I think a lot of teams would love to add a player like this, but i have a suspicion that like Bogosian, Trouba is going to take a bit of time to really warm up to the NHL.
Originally Posted by AmericanDream View Post
Trouba has some solid wheels, and he can shoot like a cannon and move the puck. I dont mind the Jack Johnson comparisons, I have seen a lot worse. To be honest I like the Bogosian comparison as Trouba is going to be more of a hard nosed/hard hitting defender then a puck rusher....but dont underestimate Trouba's offensive talents. I have watched the kid play probably 20 times over the past 3 plus years...the kid has skill.
Interesting comparison for sure. I would love to add a kid like that to our team.

Duke749 is online now   Reply With Quote