Thread: Pre-Game Talk: ECQF: Rangers (1) vs Senators (8)
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2012, 08:08 AM
Levitate

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tawnos View Post
Reading about how beating the Senators requires not giving them time and space. When the Rangers are on, they give opponents very little time and space.

Also reading about how the Senators are error prone. When the Rangers are on, they excel at capitalizing on the chances they get.

I'm not sure why people think this is a bad matchup for us. Obviously, anything can happen in the playoffs, but their weaknesses seem to line up pretty well with our strengths.
I think everyone is wary of a letdown after a great season, and a team with a couple of highly skilled guys that like to play the transition game kind of scares people.

But yeah overall the matchup should favor the Rangers as long as they stick to their gameplan. Ottawa is 8th place for a reason, they are inconsistent and can be beat. Rangers just need to capitalize on their chances and limit their mistakes.

Also, I think lots of teams played up to the Rangers in the regular season, while the Rangers played down to them, but in the playoffs there's no looking past your opponent, no worrying about any other team, just taking care of the team you're playing now, so I think the Rangers will do a better job of being pumped up and ready for every game