Would you be upset if the new GM did a rebuild?
View Single Post
04-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Québec, Québec
There will be a 1-2 year(s) gap in the flow of prospects coming from the AHL but otherwise I think we are in good shape:
(1) New leadership
(2) A top3 overall pick + two second round picks (+ 4 picks in the first two rounds in 2013 – Thank you Gauthier!)
(3) Imo the two main reasons for our 2011-12 woes are a poorly built D squad (inexperienced) and a top finish (top3? I will try to find a source
) in terms of games lost to injuries. Edit: 440 man-games lost due to injury in 2011-12.
(4) Pacioretty, Desharnais, Cole, Plekanec, Gionta, Eller, White, Subban, Gorges, Markov, Emelin, Price, Leblanc... are a solid group. Add guys like Moen (hopefully), Dumont, Diaz, Bourque, Saint-Denis, Kaberle... to the support cast and the result is a team almost ready to compete. The addition of someone like Barret Jackman would be a huge step forward.
(5) A top tier budget
(6) A soon to be power house AHL affiliate
(7) Our young NHL players made colossal stride forward in 2011-12 – It will pay dividend next season.
I really don't see the need for a rebuild.
I just read your last post and I almost agree with you completely... especially about PHI and VAN! I do however disagree with: "...
I personally don't see the habs winning much with current core because they are getting older, more injury prone
...". Imo if 2011-12 showed us one thing, it's that our core is getting younger.
440 man-games lost due to injury in 2011-12 for our Habs; I am still searching for the complete 2011-12 ranking.
Last edited by Kjell Dahlin: 04-11-2012 at
View Public Profile
Kjell Dahlin's albums
Find More Posts by Kjell Dahlin