Thread: Prospect Info: Tell me about Nail Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2012, 09:59 AM
South Indian Stunna

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheatking View Post
We're in a situation where Hall could end up being our 3rd or 4th best player. That's pretty wild. I'll always have time for Hall even if he is passed on the depth chart though. There probably isn't a player under 22 that I'd rather have in the playoffs. That includes Stamkos(he's been a bit of a choke artist so far).

With that said...I've been tempering my expectations all year when it comes to Yakupov. Being 18 years old for your entire draft year is a pretty nice advantage. If I remember correctly, he's only a couple months younger than Huberdeau and missed the cut off for the 2011 draft by a couple weeks. Had he been slightly older, he likely would have been playing for Colorado this season. So of course he was going to put up very good numbers this year in junior. Can you imagine what RNH would have done in the OHL this year? I'd imagine his stats would have been a lot better than what Yakupov put up this year.
But didn't he pot nearly 50 goals and a 106 points as a 17 year old last season?