Thread: Prospect Info: Tell me about Nail Yakupov
View Single Post
Old
04-11-2012, 11:37 AM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilersrule14 View Post
Lots of talk about Yakupov being a prolific goal scorer, better than Hall or Eberle. My question is why? At the same age, Taylor Hall put up the same sort of goal numbers as Yakupov did. Eberle put up better goal numbers in his 19 year old season. I've only really seen highlights of Yakupov, and he's obviously got a great shot and one-timer. But how about the hockey smarts, garbage goals, cycling, and other things that help get you goals in the NHL? Those things aren't really shown in the highlights so that's a question for those who've seen him more. The fact that Hall and Yakupov put up the same sort of goal numbers makes me think that although Yakupov might be a better 'one shot' scorer, that Hall might be better at getting those greasy garbage goals or might identify and get to those goal scoring areas better. So is there a part of Yakupov's game not seen in the highlights that makes you think he'll put up more goals in the NHL than Hall or Eberle?
Yakupov as a 16yo scored as many goals as Eberle as a 19 yo ..
His production wasnt as good this season but was still 1.62PPG and tops in his team.
Scoring 100+ points and 49 goals as a 16yo is why Yakupov is expected to be more 'skilled scorer' then anyone on Oilers.