Rules Refresher **READ THIS NOW!**
View Single Post
04-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Smith - Alfie
Join Date: Jul 2009
It's playoff time. You know what that means? Yes, golf clubs and Leafs jokes, but all kidding aside it's time to brush up on your HF rules knowledge to make the moderators' jobs slightly easier in this high-emotion playoff atmosphere. I'm going to paraphrase the rather excellent post used by
Nemesis for the Sharks board
Site rules are, as always, found here.
For Sens Fans Posting in the Sens Forum:
1. What do I do when an opposing fan is trolling/flaming/wreaking havoc in our threads or our GDTs?
The answer is simple. Do NOT reply to the post. Instead, use the REPORT BUTTON. I'll illustrate where to find this button using a graphic (credits to Nemesis):
This button will ask you to give your reason for reporting the post in question. Write something to the point. "Trolling" or "Flaming" or "Offensive Language" are your basic examples. Once you've submitted your report, it goes directly to mods and includes a link to the post in question. This lets us, the mods, find the post immediately, and it will be dealt with according to the discretion of the responding mod.
2. I'm making a GDT, how much can I mock the opposing fans?
Use your discretion. GDTs for all Senators home games in the playoffs will be used as the OPs for the Stanley Cup Forum GDTs. That means that what you post here will be copy-pasted there. Be mindful of that.
3. Can I chirp opposing teams in our own forum?
Obviously this is a yes. But you must still comply with the site rules. That means no flaming, trolling, spamming, etc. No libel either! More directly, feel free to chirp another team and its players, but avoid making derogatory remarks or generalizations about a fanbase or a specific posters.
Also note that there will inevitably be non-Sens fans on our board during the playoffs. As long as these fans are posting in a respectful manner, they are welcome to contribute. Avoid saying "GTFO" to any non-Sens fan who enters our boards. If you feel they are trolling or taunting, refer to question #1 and report them.
4. Can I quote opposing teams' threads and posts to our boards because they're epic lulz?
The answer is no, you shouldn't. It's a violation of the site rules, which are linked to at the top of the page.
For Visitors in the Sens Forum:
1. Can I post on these boards even though I'm not a Sens fan?
You most certainly can post if you want. Just be mindful that this is the Sens forum, and it's for Sens fans first and foremost. That means you'll probably see things that are biased toward Ottawa. If you can't handle that bias, don't post here. If you are ok with the bias, be sure you are on your best behaviour; this means both complying by the forum rules and being respectful of the pro-Ottawa bias.
To reiterate: no trolling, flaming, or posting is allowed. Constructive criticism needs to be written in a respectful tone.
For Everyone using the Sens Forum:
1. Thread and forum bans will be used liberally to keep the peace. Anyone trolling a GDT will be thread banned immediately. If you cause significant or repeated disturbances in GDTs you will be thread banned. If it appears that you are a habitual problem in multiple threads, you will be forum banned for however long we deem appropriate.
2. Everyone is going to be treated equally in the eyes of the mods. It doesn't matter whether you've been here for 9 years or 9 days.
3. Consider this thread your official warning of mod expectations. There won't be any consideration given for "but I didn't know!", nor should you expect to be let of easy "just this once" when we think you should know better.
4. The mods of different areas do talk to one another. So if something happens on the playoff board or an opponent's board that impacts here, we'll know. And if something happens here that impacts other boards, those mods will know too.
Mods from one area cannot and will not overrule or rescind the decisions or moderations of our compatriots from other parts of the site.
If you have a problem with any mod anywhere on the site, you are encouraged to try and work it out with them. Failing that, you can send an e-mail to
and it will be reviewed by the appropriate Team Leader.
Thanks everyone. And enjoy the playoffs,
_________ _ _ _ _ _______
Sens, Oilers, and Team Canada
View Public Profile
Visit CanadianHockey's homepage!
Find More Posts by CanadianHockey