View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 02:02 PM
OpinionatedMike

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heater15
Typical of Toronto to take someone's idea and try to make profit on it. They can go play on Lake Superior or something and hopefully they all fall in. I hope Western Canada splits up with Eastern Canada. The only 2 good thing we get from the East is the sun rising in the morning and soem hockey players, and that is the truth whether you like it or not!

I knew Michigan did it first, but I was more or less talking in terms of the 1st NHL team

It's comments like this, that disgust me. Well that, and the article posted doesn't even make mention to the fact that Detroit, New York, Boston, and others are also thinking of doing the same thing. They'd be stupid not to, with thousands of people wanting to see it. Maybe it's just a shame places like Dallas, San Jose or Pittsburgh can't, cause they don't have the ability to do it, or that the majority fans would have no clue who Troy Loney and Kelly Kesio are.

Heck, I'd be all for having ONLY outdoor games, imagine how much more interesting the games would be, plus if teams could pick to play outdoors then they could make the ice a little bigger as well.

Ah well, it's a pipe dream