View Single Post
Old
04-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Capitano

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
I'm not saying he's perfect by any stretch but the guy went to his entire team cap in hand and apologized. Guys say dumb things all the time but very few are willing to own up to it. Cammy did and he deserves credit for that. Could you imagine how many times Jeremy Roenick would've been traded if they dealt him every time he said something stupid? Ditto with tons of others out there.

Like I said, I had no problem with him being traded. It's the reasoning and the manner in which we traded him that was flawed not to mention the lack of return that we got for him.
Sure he deserves credit for apologizing, it takes a big man to do that for sure. But again, his overall credibility took a nasty blow I'm sure when that stuff came out. I have no problem that he is gone, other than the fact that we probably could have gotten way more for him if we played our cards right.

The problem with Cammy is that he is a sniper, and the puck wasn't going in for him. Good players find other ways to succeed out there if the puck isn't going in...you concentrate on D, etc...but obviously he was frustrated. But I don't miss him at all...he is nothing close to a franchise player imo. We didn't get market value for him though, that's for sure.

And Gauthier is gone, so there is hope at least.

Capitano is offline   Reply With Quote