View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 03:22 PM
RoyIsALegend*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Cherry
Factor in the fact he missed a bunch of games for the WJHC last season and the fact he spent over 8 hours in the penalty box over those two seasons and you have absolutely no arguement here at all.

Your logic escapes me totally.
So by telling me he spent 8 hours in the penalty box over the course of two seasons, this is supposed to prove that he *does* have puck-handling ability? You're only helping me prove my case, DC... thanks.

Scott Parker scored 35 goals in the WHL as an over-ager, the exact same amount that Jordin Tootoo scored in his final year. Scoring in juniors means very little when the jump to the pros occurs.

He has one goal in his first sixteen games and is averaging nearly two penalties a game. Right now, I'm right and everybody else is wrong. Time will tell if Tootoo suddenly discovers an incredible scoring touch, but the statement I made was that he had minimal puck-handling skills.

Watch him play.

How many times is he the guy bringing the puck up the neutral zone and looking for an open linemate? How many times will Tootoo deke out an opponent and make a good pass to a teammate? Rarely, if ever at all.

He is a grinder and will never be anything more than that. His production and skill level displayed at the NHL level thus far only strengthens my case.