View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 02:25 PM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend

I don't see how I'm being biased in my evaluation of Jordin Tootoo. I think he is highly over-rated, has very limited skills and hits like a train. He'll be a very effective plugger on a good team one day, but nothing more.
I don't see anyone saying that he'll be a scoring champion one day. In fact, you are the only one commenting on his "skills." But since you bring it up, I'd classify his skills more than "very limited." He has a laser of a slapshot, and he's learning every game how to get it off more effectively. His speed is top-end. I'd say his puck skills are average or slightly below average at this point. But that's not to say he won't improve. Tootoo has improved his skills every year of his development.

But the thing about Tootoo is the "presence" that he brings to the ice. That's why he will be the one of the most popular players in the league. His "aura" is something the NHL hasn't seen in a long while, if ever.

Quote:
you'd think the kid was Tuomo Ruutu
At this point in their careers, Tootoo has undoubteably had a bigger impact than Ruutu. We'll see what happens.