View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 02:41 PM
Le Golie

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyIsALegend
You can pick any player from junior who hasn't done well in the NHL, Scott Parker was simply the quickest choice because I'm familiar with him and he has two qualities that Jordin Tootoo has: toughness and a killer shot.

Points in the CHL do not necessarily translate to the NHL. The only indicative thus far can be Tootoo's production in the NHL, and one goal in nearly two months of hockey is certainly Parker-esque.

You're going to defend Tootoo, and I'm going to attack his flaws. We both share differing opinions, and I respect that, but let's not use points in junior as an indication of talent in the NHL. I'd much rather watch the actual games and see Tootoo's glaring lack of puck skills.

I agree that we aren't on the same page here and neither one of us is going to be converting either way. I respect your stance as well, however I have been watching/playing against Jordin since he was 15 and in that time I have gained an appreciation of his skills. I was just kind of irked to see that you considered his skill level to be so low when I don't see the glaring puck weakness you do.