View Single Post
Old
03-05-2006, 11:44 AM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by dedalus
For some reason this team doesn't seem to be playing as a unit. Considering the outstanding run they had on that road trip, I don't understand why. Teams that have chemistry like that don't often just lose it halfway through the season, yet chemistry seems to be a problem. The talent is there (including speed and skill, IMO), but it's not clicking. Maybe a trade needs to happen in order to shake things up; maybe Hitch needs to pull something out of his hat; maybe the team needs a locker room presence other than Hatcher (but they didn't have that during their great run, so I don't see that as the issue).

I don't know. I had this team pegged as the best in the East when this season started, but they're surely not playing like it.
cuz they've been unable to have a consistent lineup since the tail-end of that road trip. we had injuries prior to then, but they weren't like since then when EVERY night someone else was going out. we've had all these Phantoms, guys that have no business in the NHL, playing non-trivial minutes in games... no ability to practice (we had 14 players at one practice...)... it's a mess.

i find it fascinating that people think this is some kind of mysterious thing. teams DO NOT sustain the type of attrition we went through and continue to play well in the long-run. the injuries have taken a toll... we need to recover and stay healthy and get some cohesiveness back to the way we play as a team. our PP and PK need to improve, etc.

it is what it is...