View Single Post
Old
04-11-2012, 09:02 PM
Et le But

vCash: 500
Let's suck for 5 years so we can choke away 3 goal leads against a team that never tanks in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Em Ancien View Post
The vet group is actually so weak I don't think it matters who stays except for Cole, Plekanec, Gorges and Markov. Gionta was hardly making a difference before the injury, the rest are a bunch of scrubs.

I'd deal Pleks for good pieces (blue-chip prospect+), get some veterans like the Blues got in Arnott and Langenbrunner and not give a **** where the team ends up next year. Then you keep building on that.

Not sure if that's a so-called rebuild.
Well the players you listed are the "vet group" most of us talk about. Nobody is saying Darche and Bourque are our future, those are the kind of vets that are nice additions but are replaceable.

I'm curious to know an example of a blue-chip prospect you'd deal Plek for, because I hear you say that a lot. The problem with someone like Pleks is he's not going to get you say, Schenn. He's regarded as slightly under a Richards type player in this league, and the problem with that is Plek alone isn't worth a must have prospect. That and Desharnais-Eller as your top 2 Cs, especially when you only have 3 decent wingers, is horrible. Expect another 2 years in the lotto with that unless we seriously overhaul the defense.

Et le But is offline   Reply With Quote