Old
04-11-2012, 09:43 PM
vcv
Deal with it

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to vcv
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roymustgo View Post
Yes, an evaluation of Ruff or Regier based on their 14 year history as coach and GM is very much a kneejerk reaction.
I'm not talking about an evaluation of Ruff of Regier. I'm talking about the ridiculous evaluation of Pegula/Black.

----

I have to wonder how detailed of a plan and trajectory Pegula laid out. I REALLY doubt it as an "ok lets keep R&R for a few years and see how it goes". At the very least, you would think they they the bar set for each season.

Here's a random example...

Season 1 (this year): Establish your team. You have the rest of this season (last) and next (this year) to establish the core of the team, cut the fat and bring in important players. The focus should be more on longer term investments
Season 2 (next year): You must make it past the first round
Season 3 (2 years from now): You must make it to the Conference or Cup Finals
Season 4 (3 years from now): We want a ****ing cup

Don't meet these goals and they're gone.

Now, the only way to NOT meet the goal for season 1 would have been to make little to no moves to improve the team. I don't think Pegula would view what Darcy has done to improve the team so far as a failure.

----

As far as my preference.. I don't care as much about seeing Regier gone but I was hoping a little bit (but knew it wasn't going to happen) to see a fresh face as Coach.

Last edited by vcv: 04-11-2012 at 09:55 PM.
vcv is online now   Reply With Quote