View Single Post
Old
11-19-2003, 05:19 PM
MoS*

vCash: 500
Well personally i would take forsberg. despite his injuries, he is a star player and a classy guy. as evidenced by the fact sakic accepted the rangers' rfa' offer which the avs had the match and the fact forsberg signed a quick contract the year when both sakic and blake became ufa's and then next year forsberg did not ask for a raise when that contract expired as he felt his injury was unfair to the colorado organization.

well ultimately for me it came down to the fact forsberg is the more talented player. while he scores much less goals, he is the most dominant player in the league. he can hit, play defense and make his entire team better. when you play against forsberg, even if his teammate is tie domi and a pilon, it is like playing against 3 forwards instead of one. forsberg has an amazing PPG despite playing in a low-scoring era. he initiates contact and doesn't shy from the rough stuff. he is simply a wizard with the puck and have control in the offensive zone like no one else. he has also won a gold medal and been absolutely killer on the world stage. with all that being said, i will take forsberg even tho he is by far, my most hated nhl forward.