View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 12:49 AM
msm29
Was htsportplaya

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyorrrrr View Post
My question is assuming, like many have, that Pegula is only looking at Ruff and Regier since he bought the team, does that make any sense? I understand that ownership doesn't want to make unfounded judgments, but does ignoring past actions under other ownership make much sense? I would say that it is significantly concerning for the future of the organization if this is the actual idea that ownership has.

Should Darcy only judge hockey players on what they have done for the Sabres, and not what they have done with other teams? Its an idiotic plan, and truly concerning for the Pegula regime if that is the logic that they have employed.
It's different because Darcy and Lindy didn't have the opportunity to work with the financial advantages Pegula provides until he took over.

For the majority of their time together, Darcy was piecing together low-budget teams and Lindy was trying to get everything he could out of a sub-par roster.

Their jobs are different now. Darcy can get better players, and as the Leino situation proved, Lindy is going to have to deal with contract envy, integrating higher-priced free agents and things of that nature. Pegula and Black likely feel that they deserve one more year to see if they can be successful in a big-market atmosphere.

msm29 is offline   Reply With Quote