View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 05:10 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post
Finn has good size, is a good skater, plays gritty and physical, solid in his own end, has pretty good offensive upside. He performed well as the PPQB for Guelph this season. He's good at carrying the puck up ice. He's not Brian Campbell or anything, but he's a decent puckcarrier. Good vision, good passer. Just an overall solid d-man with little bust risk.
Sounds like a solid selection for our range, though im aware Finn has been ranked higher than we select too.

Quote:
I like what I've been hearing about Lindholm. Yeah, seems like a guy who might go before we pick depending on the U-18's, but you could say that for a few of these guys. But one or two of them will be available. Bystrom is a real solid D.
Cetainly Lindholm and Bystrom will be two of the most interesting prospects to watch at the U-18's. Brodin/Klefbom were perhaps consistently ranked a little higher throughout the season, but they saw late rises and the same it certainly possible with these two.

Quote:
I don't think size is a concern with Thrower with the game he plays, and based on recent rankings, I think he'll go late 1st. He won't punish guys all over the ice in the NHL, but he could be a pesky thorn in a lot of forwards' sides. Thrower is tough as nails, and seems like the kind of guy who will establish his reputation quickly in the NHL, rather than a guy who will fade away and become a softer player. He has that 'no way I'm backing down from anyone' attitude that Parise, Richards, Tootoo, and other smaller players have. And he's not small. He seems like the kind of guy who will make it to the NHL more likely than not, based on his attitude and good all-around play. The guy is more than just a little ball of hate, he's got nice offensive upside too. There aren't going to be many d-men eligible for the draft this year with better offensive numbers than him. When I see him play, I think Stephane Robidas. Smaller than average d-man, plays a sandpaper style, good offensively.
I haven't really seen anything of Thrower so i'll take your word on it. Simply citing all the data/information i have read from various reliable sources.

Quote:
I saw him briefly during the WJC, he looked very solid, but admittedly I didn't get a long look at him.
He's an interesting project, but i wouldn't gamble on him that high. He certainly does have some tools that equate to being an NHL player.

Quote:
True, but there were already some concerns with the North American forwards going into this year, whereas those concerns don't exist with 2013. It's hard to see this forward crop not being a good one. If it turns into anything like 2012, I'll eat my hat.
It was never percieved to be a high end North American forward crop, but there have been notable forwards who have bombed.

Next year does look sick. In the WHL you have Lazar, Shinkaurak amongst others, the OHL we have Monaham, Domi and many others, the QMJHL you obviously have Mackinnon, Duclair, Erne, Sorensen amongst others. Sweden has Wallmark, Lindholm (Might be better than Forsberg this year), Finland has Barkov, Ikonen and Russia has Tolchinsky, Nichuskin amongst others. Some will fall, but it's an astonishing age group for Forwards IMO.

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote