View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 09:25 AM
SOLR

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafleurs Guy View Post
You know... Pleks might get you Luke Schenn. The Leafs are not happy with him, his name has been bandied about and they now have Gardiner as their rising star. They desperately need a center and Pleks would fit the bill esp since he can play a two way game. They have to make the playoffs this year and I'm not sure where else they're going to find a good center out there. They have cap problems and Pleks isn't that expensive. Burke also wants big 'truculent players' too so maybe we throw in Bourque if he's wanted there.

Schenn wouldn't be a bad guy to go after. He's had a rough go in TO but he's obviously got some skill. He's a young guy and if we could get him to turn it around he could be great for us for years.

Giving him up though, you now have DD and Eller as your one two with LL probably filling in on line 3. You'll sink in the short term at least until this years pick (probably a center) can develop in the next year or two. Adding Schenn, this year and next years' pick isn't bad if we get a high one again. We could be a stacked team in short order by doing this and we'd be stacked for a while with what we already have. Plus we can augment it after next years' draft with UFAs.
I have a feeling Burke will be all over Brayden Schenn with his draft pick and I think the Flyers would bite as they probably need a new high-end prospect at D. One of Dumba, Trouba will be there at 5th. I think he knows better than to trade Luke after a bad season.

That being said, I'm all for trading Pleks to reinforce the defense, but the best option for that might be a draft pick(12th to 17th range). It's hard to get teams off their young first pairing guys since they are gold, hell if we could get Mcdonagh back...lol...I would appreciate us fleecing the Rangers for some reasons(just dreaming). There's not that many options on the table, maybe Runblad, but then again if Pheonix moves to Quebec just forget it.

Last edited by SOLR: 04-12-2012 at 09:47 AM.
SOLR is offline   Reply With Quote