View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 09:57 AM
blahblah

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Double-Shift Lassť View Post
This is what it's come to? This thread is a steaming pile of garbage. And now we're into thinly-veiled personal attacks disguised as debate?
It was a steaming pile of garbage many pages ago, long before those posts. Sadly, however, what you quoted wasn't personal attacks, they were attempt to "move on". It was an acknowledgment that we didn't feel any value was going to come from further discussion.

Quote:
For the time being, I suggest the following.
Agreed.

If you aren't convinced that Howson needs to go at this point, there is nothing anyone can say to convince you. I've got a couple of valid reasons for him to stay, none of which are because of his GM'ing ability. They are not new, but here they are.

1. I'd rather Howson be known as the GM that trades Nash. The next guy isn't going to want to trade him. Who wants that on their resume?
2. In the event that Priest decides to resign and move on, the next President should be free to bring in a new GM if that is his desire. No sense hiring one that won't agree to an evergreen contract and have to can his ass because a new President wants someone else.

There you go. Since I don't think the success or failure of the Nash trade will define this franchise long term, as most are making it out to be, I'm not going to bother responding to "You trust Howson to trade Nash?". I will state it now, clearly. This franchise will not be set up for failure for the next 5 years if we get nothing of value for Nash. However, it can be set up for success with the right deal. I don't Hate Howson's trading abilities. Therefore I'm not concerned about that.

What I am concerned about is the FA period and what he is going to do with the rest of the roster. However, I'm not going to dwell on it, it's out of my hands.

Nothing we do this off season is going to be optimal. Be prepared for a bumpy ride.

If I have a biggest fear, it is that we do just well enough to limp along. Howson seems to subscribe to faith based GM'ing. Once he is encouraged by something, he seems stop looking to improve. Much like the defense after the playoff run.

Last edited by blahblah: 04-12-2012 at 10:03 AM.