Old
04-12-2012, 08:58 AM
squidz*
dun worry he's cool

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickschultzfan View Post
Hmm. Interesting.

I can't wait until two of Columbus, Montreal, and Islanders draft Galchenyuk and Grigorenko, and Burke flips out. Forsberg may be a good player, but he projects as a winger in the NHL and vision is not his strength.

I wonder if that means Toronto or Anaheim reaches for Faska or Gaunce? Hoping they can be the center they need?
If teams are comfortable with Faksa's recovery, and they think he'll work out at center (I've heard talk of him being moved to wing), I don't see why teams wouldn't be willing to reach for him when the "top tier" forwards are gone. He certainly has the size, and seems to have the instincts. I'd be more surprised if Toronto selected him though. He seems to be "top line winger or second line center" rather than that 1C Burke is after. Then again, the only real 1Cs in this draft are Galchenyuk and Grigorenko.

I think we might see Toronto make a play for 2nd overall. I think Columbus (figuring picks 2 and 3 this way would be Gally and Grigs) would be willing to move back to 5 for say Holzer, Blacker, or one of Toronto's other young defensemen. They do have JJ and the Wiz (which would be an awesome 70s-80s sitcom title) but otherwise it's Methot, Tyutin, and a lot of nothing, Holzer + 5th overall would either completely shore up their defense, or bring them very close and help their problems up front.