View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 09:52 AM
Jarick
Doing Nothing

vCash: 500
I have to think where we pick, Nail, Grigo, and Murray are off the board. I don't see the Wild going for Forsberg. Maybe Gal but I don't know if he falls that far.

I think after Murray, Rielly would be the top guy to pick. He's a great offensive defenseman who was coming around defensively before his injury. The buzz is he could challenge Murray for first defensemen if not injured. Only thing is, he'd have to probably play at least one year of juniors to come back from the injury so he wouldn't be able to step in next year.

Dumba might be the only D-man at the Wild's spot that could potentially jump into the NHL next year. He played great this year, is filling out, and has the speed and physical game. I still think while he might not be a superstar #1 guy, he could be just an awesome top four and possible top pairing defenseman. And give the organization a shot in the arm.

Trouba seems like a solid pick, although he would likely play at least a year at Michigan (guessing two). So he's not going to change anything for the Wild the next couple seasons. I'm also not sure what he would provide that Scandella doesn't (or project to at least).

Reinhart, he sounds like a nice pick, but again I don't see him as a big time upgrade over Scandella. He's big, makes a good first pass, has a little offense to his game, but size alone doesn't make you a high end defenseman. Strikes me as a safe pick without as much reward, which isn't what you want in the top 10.