View Single Post
Old
04-12-2012, 09:56 AM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
Still, I'd like to hear from Regier and Ruff, in addition to Pegula and Black.
On one hand, I would too if for no other reason to see them face some scrutiny but.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
If anything, I am tired of the talk and empty clichés--and that's all we'd be getting. I want actions not words.
...on the other hand, I'm also tired of the rehashed cliches, self-serving excuses and rose-colored glasses that Regier keeps repeating each year and see no value in another PC just to hit the "rewind" button on promises and excuses made in the past. Plus, we know all of the buttons that the WGR and TBN media would try to press.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Bob View Post
They usually open it up to callers that will ask tougher questions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefifagod View Post
For what it's worth, White said that every call is unscreened.
Black said on the radio show this morning that when he first started doing the weekly appearance, Simon let him see the screen of upcoming callers - Black told WGR to take that away so he could respond openly and honestly to all callers on a spontaneous, 1-on-1 format.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigoo View Post
The majority of calls are people thanking him; pre-screened I'm sure. Who knows, either way guess let's see what happens moving forward.
In the first segment, the first caller ("Carl") got on Black right away by asking what he thinks Regier or Ruff will do differently going forward that they didn't do the past 15 seasons. In the second segment, another caller came on and blasted Black for pumping up his ego with the weekly radio show just to feed fans excuses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loods View Post
I feel bad for Vogl. He's the only true journalist employed by TBN that covers the Sabres. That he's the beat writer, and is being denied the, say "openness" of a presser, is unfair given the quality writing he's published this year.
Of the 3 TBN regulars, he's certainly the one that tries hardest to stay objective and not promote a personal agenda or campaign. However, he's never stepped up to the level that I thought Tim Graham elevated TBN's coverage to when he was the regular beat writer covering the Sabres.

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote